SKIN is the largest organ in your body.
Because of the dry air in Utah, it’s important to understand the basics of dry skin care in Utah County in order to revive the skin and give it the proper protection it needs.
Skin is all over you, providing a protective covering to your muscles and tissues. In today’s dry Utah environment where the weather and air quality change on a daily basis, our skin needs protection from harmful UV radiation, pollution, and dust.
Unfortunately, our skin takes the beating and protects our muscles, tissues, and various organs from getting directly impacted. This direct impact can lead to dry and itchy skin.
When we talk about dry skin care in Utah, most of us are reliant on only moisturizers because we think it’s logical to moisturize. Before we even go there, let’s first understand what causes dry skin.
Cause of Dry Skin in Utah
Our body produces natural oils and moisturizer to maintain a balance. If this oil is lost for any reason our skin becomes dry. The loss of oil could be because of cold weather, pollution in the environment, and exposure to dirt. This oil is used to keep the skin moist and also helps our skin maintain natural nutrients. When this oil is lost our skin becomes dry and itchy.
Dry skin care in Utah is not a very complex process to follow.
5 Natural Ways to Help Dry Skin in Utah
- Stay away from skin care products that are not natural. These products might be manufactured using harmful chemicals or harsh chemicals that can further make your skin dry. Instead use natural skin care products
- Use natural ways to moisturize the body. Drink ample amount of water to provide natural moisture
- Avoid dry and harsh weather. Protect your skin from weather. Cover it properly if you are going out.
- Avoid unnecessary prolonged hot showers. Long exposure to hot water washes the natural oils of our body.
- Work with a Utah County dermatologist. We had to put this one in
Dry skin care is very easy if you follow these tips.